TOP ARCHITECTURE, PLANNING, AND INTERIOR DESIGN COLLEGE IN LUCKNOW, UP
WHY MASTERS IN INTERIOR DESIGN
The elemental connect of Interior design is to configure interior arena with an astounding amalgamation of art, science and architecture to create healthy alluring ambience. Master of Interior Design is opportune to professionals who want to cogitate the technical, functional, aesthetic parameters of expansive field of Interior Designing. Masters of Interior Design involve extensive research involved in its curriculum, materializing of space results in beneficial, dynamic and ecofriendly solution. The goal is to make the final environment as appealing to everyone as possible. Interior design considers the utility and usability of the available space. Lighting, acoustics, and temperature are all factors to consider while creating an interior.
Main Features of the Program
- Specialized subjects in the field of Interior Design are included in the course structure in addition to the core subjects of the stream that increases the probability of placements.
- The CAGR of > 7% over the next five years promises employability and entrepreneurship to the professional perusing the master degree.
- Graduates of an Interior Design master’s programme can apply their abilities in both the public and private sectors, as the profession is in high demand in both business and by homeowners.
- Site-Visits and Live projects will give practical knowledge about the field work.
- Interior designers can become practitioners and operate as consultants.
- Students will be able to know the latest trend of interior design directly from the industry experts.
Salient Features of the Curriculum
- Pragmatic curriculum, designed for industry-readiness that increases the probability of placements.
- The cutting-edge course was created to help students improve core skills.
- Comprehensive theoretical grounding, as well as substantial practical experience.
- Studio learning with case studies, market surveys and industrial visits.
- Electives subjects as per market demand.
- Key subjects covered in the program: Interior Design Studio, Interior Construction & Innovations, Accessories in Interior Design, Interior Lighting and Acoustics, Interior Design Research, Space Ergonomics, Interior Fabrication, Interior Material Specifications, Dissertation and Thesis.
|School Name:||School of Architecture and Planning|
|Course Length:||2 Years|
|Course Type:||Full Time|
|Eligibility Criteria:||Pass with 50% aggregate marks in B.ID, B. Design (Interior) or B.Sc. (Interior Design) or B. Design (Product, Furniture Textile & Industrial) or B.Sc. (Product & Furniture Textile Industrial) or B.Arch or B. Plan or B. Construction management or B. Tech. (Any Stream) or Allied Fields.|
|Syllabus||Click here to Download|
|PO1||Field Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of Architectural Design, Drawing , Art, Sculpting, Crafts, structural dynamics and statics fundamentals and Laws pertaining to building byelaws and services required in simple and complex building projects, Economical aspects and an architectural specialization to the solution of complex architectural problems.|
|PO2||Problem Analysis: Conducting case and literature studies and analyze complex architectural problems reaching substantiated conclusions using principles of Architectural design, process of designing ( case and literature study, research and conceptualization of designs).|
|PO3||Design / Development of Solutions: Establishing solutions for complex architectural problems and functional components or spatial arrangements that meet the specified needs and wants with appropriate consideration for the public amenities , services, health and safety and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations .|
|PO4||Conduct Investigations of Complex problems: Use of research based knowledge and research methods including methodology,analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.|
|PO5||Modern Tool Usage: Application of appropriate techniques, resources and modern architectural tools including BIM and CADD oriented modeling to complex architectural, structural and construction activities with an understanding of its advantages and disadvantages .|
|PO6||The Architect, Planner and Society: Application of contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent drafting of proposals relevant to the professional practice.|
|PO7||Environment and Sustainability: Understanding the impact of the professional field solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate the need for sustainable development and applying the same thereof.|
|PO8||Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the professional practice, as prescribed and regulated by regulatory bodies.|
|PO9||Individual and Team Work: To effectively function as an professional individual and as a member or team leader in diverse situations and in multidisciplinary settings.|
|PO10||Communication: To communicate effectively with the professional community and stake holders and with society at large. Be able to comprehend and write effective reports documentation.|
|PO11||Project management and finance: To demonstrate knowledge and understanding of profession, and management principles and apply these to practice to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.|
|PO12||Life-long learning:To recognize the need for learning anddevelop an ability and skill to engage in a learning process in the broadest context of technological change in professional and technological realm.|
|Program Specific Outcomes|
|PSO1||To prepare students to develop critical thinking as they identify, analyze and are able to produce interior architecture design solution.|
|PSO2||Ability to apply and demonstrate wide spectrum of technical skills with respect to acoustics, lighting, thermal comfort, indoor air quality for betterment of human well-being and to promote sustainable interiors.|