Best Education College in Lucknow, UP
An educational institution performs a significant function of providing learning experiences to lead their students from the darkness of ignorance to the light of knowledge. The teacher is the most important element in any educational program. It is the teacher who is mainly responsible for implementation of the educational process at any stage. It is imperative to invest in the preparation of teachers, so that the future of a nation is secure. It is well known that the quality and extent of learner achievement are determined primarily by teacher competence, sensitivity and teacher motivation.
Vision of School of Education
Transforming lives through learning
Mission of School of Education
School of Education strives to create quality teachers, lifelong learners, critical thinkers and problem solvers. It aims to provide quality education and achieve academic excellence at par with the goal of BBD University. It aims to build educators, teacher educators and researchers working in the field of pedagogy, innovations in teaching encompassing all realms of teaching and learning.
Aims of school of Education
The School of Education endeavours to:
- Promote academic excellence and strive to provide quality education.
- Prepare futuristic teachers with global vision.
- It aims at building a community of teachers and teacher educators possessing a sound theoretical base in the discipline of Education, an ability to analytically examine and evaluate the knowledge acquired and apply the same in their respective fields.
- Develop a research orientation among students, teachers, and teacher educators, train them in research methodology; develop skills for conducting and guiding research and facilitating the dissemination of research findings among the researchers in education.
- Reach out to other educational institutions in the areas of Teaching Technologies, Research Methodology in Social Sciences and Education Management.
- Conduct and guide research in the field of Education.
- Lecture rooms: The department has lecture rooms for various course classes. Availability of conference room, well equipped with LCD projectors, OHPs and white boards.
- Reading room and Library: The University has a reading room and library. Books, e books, reference material are available for ready reference .
- Computer room: The University has a well maintained Computer laboratory with internet facility for the students of the Department.
- Hostel facilities are available for students in the campus.
|School Name:||School of Education|
|Duration of Course:||Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) course shall be a two year full time professional pre service teacher education programme, each year divided in two semesters.|
|Number of Seats:||Total intake of B.Ed. course in the Department of Education, University of BBD shall be 100 or as decided by NCTE from time to time|
|The Mode of Examination:||The mode of examination may vary between sessional and semester system as per the decision of the University.|
|Eligibility Criteria:||Candidates with at least 50 % marks either in the Bachelor’s degree and/or in the Master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities or Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme. The reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/ PWD and other categories shall be as per the rules of the central government/ state government, whichever is applicable|
|Syllabus||Click here to Download|
|PO1||Programme Objective: ToSystematize experiences and strengthen the professional competency of PupilTeachers.|
|PO2||To imbibe the knowledge and develop understandingof various methods and approaches of organizing learning experiences ofSecondary school students.|
|PO3||To develop skills required in selecting organizinglearning experiences.|
|PO4||To Understand the nature of the Learner and oflearning process.|
|PO5||To develop skills involved in dealing with theacademic and personal problems of learners.|
|PO6||To acquire knowledge and develop understandingabout the various procedures and techniques of evaluation and in theirclassroom application.|
|PO7||To Develop skills involved in selecting,developing and using evaluation tools.|
|PO8||Toprovide knowledge and develop understanding about various aspects of schoolmanagement.|
|PO9||To develop competences for organizing variousinstructional and student support activities.|
|PO10||To develop an appreciation of the role of theteacher in the prevailing socio-cultural and political content in general andthe educational system in particular.|
|PO11||Apply Ethical principle and commit to professional ethics andresponsibility and norms of the teachers.|
|PO12||Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, andhave the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-longlearning in the broadest context of technological change.|
|Program Specific Outcomes|
|PSO1||Understand basic concepts and ideas ofeducational theory. Built understanding and prospective on the nature of thelearner diversity and learning. Comprehend the role of the system of Governanceand structural –Functional provisions that support school education.|
|PSO2||Develop understanding about teaching, pedagogyschool management and community involvement. Built Skills & ability ofcommunication reflection art, aesthetics, theatre, self expression and ICT|
Academia – Industry Interface
The Department has collaborative programmes with other departments, colleges as well as industry for academia industry association and increasing employability.
Career Options in Education Field
- Teacher in Schools: Government & Private
- Principal in Schools: Government & Private
- Education Administrators :Government & Private
- Policy Makers in Government Sector
- Content/module developer
- Instructional designer
- Project Associate in NGO