Department of Orthodontics
Department of pedodontics & preventive dentistry was established in the year 2001. Situated on the third floor of the Dental College, it comprises of an undergraduate clinic, postgraduate clinic, preclinical area, minor OT and a specially designed play area for the child patients coming to the department. We render the best of the diagnostic and treatment facilities to the children with every effort made to provide them a friendly environment and instill a positive attitude towards dentistry.
The undergraduate teaching program includes class room teaching, seminars and hands on training of various appliances used in treating orthodontic problems. Clinical patient interaction, problem solving and observing the advanced orthodontic patient care as an integral part of the curriculum.
The postgraduate students are trained to impart comprehensive orthodontic treatment which includes growth modulation, fixed appliance treatment, surgical Orthodontics and management of TMJ disorders. The post graduate program was commenced in 2007and till date 33students have successfully completed the masters program.
• One of the few departments in India where training in Standard edgewise- which develops and hone the manual dexterity and wire bending skills.
• Well equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure &latest materials.
• Develop a high degree of clinical proficiency in the subject & competence in research & its methodology.
• Regular conduction of CDE programs and workshops by renowned speakers of national and International repute in order to update the knowledge of faculty and students.
• Fixed appliance orthodontics with Standard edgewise appliance, Straight Wire Appliances, Begg Appliance and Tip Edge Appliance
• Functional orthodontics with Myofunctional Appliances and fixed functional appliances
• Lingual orthodontics
• Surgical orthodontics
• Cleft and craniofacial care.