M. Tech – Transportation
Transportation Engineering is one of the most popular postgraduate programmes for civil enthusiasts. Babu Banarasi Das University (BBDU), the best M.Tech. college in Lucknow, has been gaining reputation for its PG courses, especially in transportation engineering.
Transportation, or the ability to travel from one place to another, is one of the most important development by mankind. We started through roads, and gradually progressed to water transports, and then air, and now, finally, outer space!
Today, there are more than a 100 crore vehicles on road today and the count keeps on growing every day. But, while we appreciate these developments, what about the parallel developments that are made to support all of this? We have built roads and bridges, set up traffic regulations and rules, laid down cities where nothing was present, made roads in areas that seemed completely unapproachable, and so on.
These support structures that provide meaning to such developments are made by transportation engineers. Since a lot, including public safety, depends of their work, BBDU-the Transportation Engineering college in Lucknow has started completing certain objectives to ensure their capability. These objectives are:
- Complete knowledge and understanding of pertinent theory
- Hands-on learning of concepts with state-of-the-art labs and equipment
- Real-time training and project experience
- Knowledge of developments till the present
Opportunities For Transportation Engineers
In a huge, densely populated and developing nation like India:
- Proper planning and construction of quality roads is still an issue.
- With such a huge population, traffic-related planning is a very pertinent issue.
- Again because of the population and traffic density, maintenance of all roads is also a big responsibility.
- Being a developing nation, India has limited funds, which if saved through proper planning, can be used wisely in other sectors.
All of the above are responsibilities of a Transportation Engineer. Thus, the demand for Transportation engineers is high, and is going to stay that way for some time now.
A few commonly offered jobs to Transportation Engineers are:
- Transportation Analyst
- Civil Transportation Designer
- Transportation Technician
- Transportation Design Engineers
- Highway Engineers
- Railroad Engineers
- Transportation Executive
- Transport Manager
- Research Assistant/Scholar
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
- Surveying Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Engineering Geology Lab
- Civil Engineering Material Lab
- Quantity Survey & Estimation Lab
- Civil Engineering Drawing Lab
- Geoinformatics Lab
- Hydraulic Machine Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Cad Lab
- Cad Lab 1
- Cad Lab 2
- Transportation Engineering Lab
- Structural Detailing Lab
- Air & Noise Pollution Lab
- Concrete Structure Lab
- Traffic Survey & Analysis Lab
- Water & Waste Water Treatment Lab