M. Tech – Structural Engineering
Structural Engineering is the in-depth study of, and about, structures, their stability, rehabilitation and restoration, design (including stability and feasibility checks), construction etc. For individuals with an interest in civil structures, and a B.E. or B.Tech. in Civil Engineering, an M.Tech. in Structural Engineering is a very bright choice, especially from a university like BBDU, the best M.Tech. college in Lucknow, which has earned the trust for postgraduate courses through its results overtime.
Structural Engineers are responsible for making sure that all the buildings, or structures that they build are stable and safe. Not only do Structural Engineers deserve the credit for the safety, and sheltering, of all the people when buildings and structures are built, they also deserve credit for marvellous inventions like earthquake-proof houses, and even for a part of the aesthetics added to all the beautiful and wonderful structures we have witnessed since centuries.
BBDU, the Structural Engineering college in Lucknow, adheres by a few objectives while providing an M.Tech. in Structural Engineering. These objectives are:
- Thorough classroom learning through the existing principles under highly learned and experienced teachers
- Elaborate, and highly effective, practical training using state-of-the-art labs and machines, under the guidance of especially trained teachers
- Compulsory hands-on training/research along with curriculum
- Comprehensive learning of subjects through books, papers, journals etc.
Opportunities For Structures Engineers
Let’s consider the following points:
- Human Population has always been increasing;
- Habitable space is limited;
- Living, and luxury, standards improve, and increase, with time;
- Aesthetic requirements and intricacies will increase with time
Keeping all these points in mind, it is a very simple conclusion that the need for capable and dependable structural engineers has been increasing. Especially with respect to the first two points, the need for structural engineers will soon increase a lot, in the fields of R&D and analysis, to meet the related challenges.
A few jobs usually offered to candidates of M.Tech. in Structural Engineering are:
- Site Engineers/Inspectors
- Research Assistant/Scholar
- Design Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Construction Engineer
- Forensic Engineer etc.
- Surveying Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Engineering Geology Lab
- Civil Engineering Material Lab
- Quantity Survey & Estimation Lab
- Civil Engineering Drawing Lab
- Geoinformatics Lab
- Hydraulic Machine Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
- Cad Lab
- Cad Lab 1
- Cad Lab 2
- Transportation Engineering Lab
- Structural Detailing Lab
- Air & Noise Pollution Lab
- Concrete Structure Lab
- Traffic Survey & Analysis Lab
- Water & Waste Water Treatment Lab