M. Tech – Design Engineering
By offering a well-planned M.Tech in Design Engineering in Lucknow, Babu Banarasi Das University (BBDU), is trying to strengthen the core, and advance the limits, of Mechanical Engineering in our country.
All those who’ve pursued B.Tech. in mechanical engineering are aware of the various ways in which any object or structure is designed. Apart from the outline designing, a lot of knowledge regarding the calculations of safety and durability is required while designing anything, in order to make the design viable and economical. The designing is a very important part of a product as it can add a lot to the aesthetics of a product without taking away its strength and durability
BBDU, in an effort that distinguishes it and rewards it with the reputation of being the best M.Tech college in Lucknow, tries to check some qualities off in all its Design students, in order to create true engineers who add to the assets of the nation. These qualities are:
- Well-read and learned
- Experienced, with a hands-on approach
- Disciplined and Dedicated
- Trained in a practical cycle
- Thoroughly informed with pertinent pieces of information and knowledge
Opportunities For Design Engineers
We are now getting transfixed with the ideas of ease & aesthetics, and this relation is only going to strengthen overtime. In fact, as designs get more intricate, the scope for research improves for dedicated and talented individuals. Especially with the ever-increasing human population, the want for variety is going to increase too, and this opens up more opportunities for out-of-the-box thinkers & designers.
A few of the various jobs offered in this field are:
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- CAD Draftsman
- Quality Manager
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Design & Development Manager
- Tools Design Engineer
- Industrial Designer
- Toolroom Manager
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, Select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate the knowledge of , and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively with the engineering community and with society at large. Be able to comprehend and write effective reports documentation. Make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team. Manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- To apply design and development principal to provide solution to simulation and modeling analysis, finite element analysis and design of experiments domain to meet desired needs.
- To apply competency and proficiency in the field of allied engineering.
Error: Contact form not found.