Type of Event: Guest Lecture
Topic: Requirement of Soft-Skills in Engineering
Speaker: Mr. Vishal Seth, Academic Relationship Manager, TCS, Lucknow
Organised by: Department of EC and EE, School of Engineering, BBD University
Date: Feb. 10, 2020
Attended By: B.Tech (EC-4, EE-3, EE-4, CS-2 & CS-3) and M.Tech (EC & EE)
Venue: 514, 6th Floor, BBD University
The Guest Lecture was started with the Welcome of the Team of TCS, Lucknow. The welcome address was given by the HoD (EC), School of Engineering, BBD University, Lucknow.
Two presentations were held of approximately 45 mins each. The aim and summary of the Guest Lecture are given below.
Aim of the Guest Lecture:
1) What is Soft-Skill.
2) Why Soft-Skills are necessary.
3) How it is going to help in cracking any Interview.
4) TCS Recruitment Process.
5) Do’s and Don’ts of any Interview.
Summary of Presentations:
Soft-Skills are an important aspect of any discipline. The presentations clearly explained the need of soft-skills in day-to-day life. Not only verbal but written communication skills are also very important for the students when they are preparing themselves for any job interview.
The Guest Lecture was ended with the Vote of thanks.
1) Mr. Ankit Dalela, Asst Prof., Dept. of Electronics & Comm. Engg., BBD University.
2) Mr. Ashutosh Rastogi, Asst Prof., Dept. of Electronics & Comm. Engg., BBD University.
3) Mr. Akash Varshney, Asst Prof., Dept. of Electrical Engg., BBD University.
4) Mr. Padmesh Singh, Assoc. Prof., Dept. of Electrical Engg., BBD University.