Department of Computer Science & engineering
Like BBDU (the best B.Tech. College of Lucknow), universities of our country are facing an insatiable demand for B.Tech course in the discipline of Computer Science. But, why so?
With the advancement of engineering and, subsequently, technology, we have now moved in a world which cannot be imagined without computers, processors, chips, and other similar digitized gadgets. So much is the dependence on such modern machines that it is hard to digest that such technologies would have been considered a part of folklore a century ago.
But, post this development, today the demand for capable engineers belonging to the discipline of Computer Science is so high that technological giants are hiring thousands of engineers a year.
BBDU has always aimed to contribute to the elitist group of CS engineers (owing to which it is now reputed as Best Computer Science Engineering College in Lucknow) by facilitating its CS students with:
- Most modern labs and technologies;
- Very capable teachers and supporting faculty members, with respect to knowledge and education;
- Compulsory in-plant training and internships along with the course for understanding an on-field approach and application of knowledge;
- Access to international research papers and journals for better learning and much deeper understanding.
Opportunities For Computer Science Engineers
There are thousands of computer engineering jobs available in the market based on the skills and qualification. The booming IT sector in India has created a variety of job opportunities for computer science engineers. If you have done CSE then you can easily grab a nice IT job in an MNC. In IT firms, you can work in departments like design, testing, assembly, maintenance, and manufacturing. Following are some positions that serve as great options for a career after computer science engineering:
- Application analyst.
- Applications developer.
- Data analyst.
- Database administrator.
- Games developer.
- Multimedia programmer.
- Software engineer
- Systems analyst
- Web designer/Web developer
- Programmer/Software Tester
- Cloud Engineer
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural science and engineering sciences.
- Design / Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, Select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental context and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively with the engineering community and with society at large. Be able to comprehend and write effective reports documentation. Make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team. Manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Ability to apply fundamentals of Information Technology for Engineering Solutions in accordance with industrial demand using the domains of applied science, algorithms, databases, networking, security, machine learning and data analytics.
- Ability to employ modern computer languages with focus on open platforms to develop innovative solutions in the field of SMACS (social, mobile, analytics, cloud and security) with professional behavior and ethics.
Achievements of Department
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (IEI) Student Chapter
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering, BBD University established IEI Student Chapter on March 03, 2020 for the duration of 3 years. Many student activities and faculty programs are being conducted under the students’ chapter.
The department has organized Two Days Event “AI Web Series” on May 2 & 3, 2020 in virtual mode connecting across the Globe to interact with AI Experts. Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor of Babu Banarasi Das University, Dr. A. K. Mittal inaugurated the event. The occasion was blessed with the presence of Dr. S. M. Ali, Director (Membership), IEI; Shri V. B. Singh, National Council Member of IEI, India and Eminent Guest Dr. Jagdish Chand Bansal, South Asian University, New Delhi. In the series of this event, AI Web Series 2.0 was organized on July 09, 2020. Dr. Pramod Kumar Singh from ABV-IIITM, Gwalior, was the Guest of Honour, who blessed the occasion with his valuable presence. In this event, our eminent guest Dr. Sumit Bhatiya, Senior Researcher, IBM Research Division, New Delhi enlightened the audience with his knowledge.
List of Events Organized in Association with IEI Student Chapter
|S. No.||Name of Event||Date of Event|
|1.||Seminar on “Semantic IOT Applications in Health Care”||April 13, 2022|
|2.||Seminar on Artificial Intelligence for Uttar Pradesh||April 05, 2022.|
|3.||Short Term Course on Python Programming and Anaconda Platform||October 22-24, 2020|
|4.||Webinar on Image Processing and its Application||July 26, 2020|
|5.||Webinar on Deep Learning||July 20, 2020|
|6.||Webinar on Cloud Computing in Artificial Intelligence||July 10, 2020|
|7.||AI Web Series 2.0||July 9, 2020|
|8.||AI Web Series||May 2 & 3, 2020|
- ANDROID CLUB & IOT CLUB
The department established the Android Club and IOT Club on October 19, 2020. The objective of the club is to promote collaborative study and training of students in the latest technologies. The Android Club promotes the app development on the android platform which are most commonly used in all the smart phones. However, IOT Club is providing the platform to the novice to develop IOT based project specifically in Arduino environment. The members of the clubs were selected through an online examination every year. Many activities are being conducted on a regular basis to motivate students to peruse Android Platform development and IOT development.
List of Events Organized by Android Club & IOT Club
|1.||Code Craft Olympiad||October 20, 2023|
|2.||Smart India Hackthon||Sept 22, 2023|
|3.||Virtual National Seminar on Security Challenges in Internet of Things (IoT) Implementation||January 22, 2023|
|4.||Three Days Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp||Sep 22-24, 2021|
|5.||One Day Student Training Program on Android Application Development||November 14,2020|
|6.||Webinar on Image Processing and Its Application||July 26, 2020|
|7.||IOT Online Quiz Competition||July 15, 2020|
|8.||Online Quiz on Android Development||14.07.2020|
|9.||Webinar on Deep Learning||July 12, 2020|
|10.||Webinar on Cloud Computing in Artificial Intelligence||July 10, 2020|
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE RESEARCH CENTER
The Artificial Intelligence Research Center was established by the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, BBD University in association with Soft Computing Research Society, New Delhi on December 04, 2020 under the tagline “Unlocking the Power of AI for Humanity”. The Research Center is established to provide the platform to meet all the researchers across the globe. Many Faculty Development Programs, Workshops and Online Student Training Programs and Research Projects are being conducted the team of AI Research Center. The objective behind this initiative is to promote R&D activities in the area of artificial intelligence and its integration with modern approaches like internet of things, block chaining technology, industry 4.0 implementation etc.
List of Event Organized by Artificial Intelligence Research Centre
|S. No.||Name of Event||Date of Event|
|1.||International Conference on Computer Vision and Robotics (CVR 2022)||Feb 24-25, 2023|
|2.||International Conference on Computer Vision and Robotics(CVR 2022)||May 21-22, 2022|
|3.||Inaugural Ceremony Global Blockchain Centre of Excellence||September 14, 2021|
|4.||International Conference on Computer Vision and Robotics (CVR 2021)||August 07-08, 2021|
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering, BBD University established SCRS Student Chapter on Dec 4th, 2020. Many student activities and faculty programs are being conducted under the students’ chapter.The SCRC Student Chapter at our university is a testament to our commitment to providing students with an enriched learning environment and valuable opportunities for professional development.
List of Events Organized by SCRS Club
|S. No.||Name of Event||Date of Event|
|1.||Python Code Contest 1.0||Nov 3, 2023|
|2.||Code Craft Olympiad||October 20, 2023|
|3.||e-Talk on LinkedIn Profiling||September 16, 2023|
|4.||Seminar on AI in Health Care Sector||March 25, 2023|
|5.||Virtual National Seminar on
Security Challenges in Internet of Things (IoT) Implementation
|January 22, 2023|
|6.||Virtual International Seminar on Artificial Intelligence and Climate Change||December 11, 2022|
|7.||Seminar on Ideas for Innovations||September 11, 2022|
|8.||Virtual National Seminar on Startup Opportunities in Artificial Intelligence Sector||August 28, 2022|
|9.||Seminar on Blockchain Technology||May 29, 2022|
|10.||Online Quiz Competition||April 25, 2022|
|11.||Seminar on Semantic IoT Applications in HealthCare||April 13, 2022|
|12.||Seminar on Artificial Intelligence for Uttar Pradesh Public Health||April 05, 2022|
|13.||Virtual National Seminar on Writing & Publishing Research Paper||October 3, 2021|
|14||Ethical Hacking Workshop 1.0||September 17-19, 2021|
|15.||BBDU Ideathon-2021||August 14, 2021|
|16.||Online Student Training Program on Python Programming & Machine Learning||December 27-31, 2020|