Front office is the department of a hotel where the guest interacts with the hotel staff first time and develops the first impression about the level of services, standard, facilities and hospitality. It is also known as front of the house. The front office is the nerve center of a hotel property. Communications and accounting are two of the most important functions of a front desk operation.Thus the front office department performs following functions:-
Selling of the hotel rooms to guests , accepts advance booking of the rooms, receiving and registering the guests when they arrive at the hotel and assign them room , coordinate guest services , Provide information, Maintaining accurate room status information , Maintaining guest accounts and monitor credit , Preparation of guest account statements , Settlement of guest account at the time of departure etc.
Thus keeping in view the latest trends of Hospitality industry, the excitement you feel in the School of Hotel Management, Front Office is something you will have it forever in your career. Savor it and enjoy it. It is the beginning of understanding the concept of providing hospitality to guests and as you begin to grasp the principles of a well-operated hotel in our Hotel Management Department, you will discover the important role the front office plays in keeping this excitement intact and will have lasting imprints on your minds.
FOOD PRODUCTION & BAKERY
There are four lab kitchens and bakery that are carefully designed to meet the specialised training needs of our students. All of our facilities are equipped with industry standard equipment.
- Basic Training Kitchen (BTK) with 08 workstations
- Quantity Training Kitchen (QTK) with 08 workstations
- Advance Training Kitchen (ATK) with 08 workstations
- Bakery training lab with 06 works stations
- Additionally students receive hands-on experience in the hotel kitchen and hotel bakery
FOOD& BEVERAGE SERVICEOur Program
Learn from highly experienced faculties in practical training labs about all the key elements of the F & B Service dept, including Operational skills for–International & National Food chains, Pub & Bar Management ,Restaurant & Banquet Management, Event Management & Product knowledge for 5 star deluxe and above categories. We develop students into skilled Personalities eligible for management in hospitality sectors, such as Food Retails, Aviations, Cruise liners, Customer relation in Elite banking and so on.
School of Hotel Management provides a laboratory experience for enhancing student skills in effective food and beverage service Management. Emphasis is placed on practical experiences including greeting of guest, Customer relationship , Layout designing , profitability, menu sales and merchandising, service styles and reservations. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate practical applications of human relations and the skills required in the Management of service industry. which will further enhance your career growth.
Students will also learn two Micros hospitality software systems including Opera, an accommodation/property management system and Fidelio, a point-of-sales restaurant system.
The always changing food and beverage industry is consistently one of the top five job creators in India and abroad. Our Food and Beverage Service training helps prepare you to take on a management role in a 5 star grade Hotels & Resorts or other venues such as corporations, Elite aviations, Cruise liners, Colleges and Universities etc.
Food and beverage impacts virtually every other industry, and well-trained and educated food and beverage professionals are in demand.
- School of Hotel Management ,BBDU has some of most modern lab facilities . Students in this program will take thorough theoretical as well as practical knowledge.
- The department is well equipped with a 24 cover restaurant. The restaurant also has a mock bar for cocktail lessons.
- The restaurant also has a provision for table’d hote menu service with buffet service.
- One Suit room (Facilities:- Attached bath room, one drawing room, one bed room, guest Amenities, A.C., Mini Bar etc.)
- One Double room (Facilities: - Attached bath room, guest Amenities, A.C., and Mini Bar etc.)
- Laundry room (Facilities:- Washing Tumbler with Hydro extractor and Ironing Facilities)
- Linen room (Facilities:- All types of Bed Sheets, Bath Towel, and Bath robe)
The Housekeeping Department in the School of Hotel Management follows the latest trend in Hospitality industry. The department is providing weekly practicals of each Semester. Our department has two rooms set for the practical.
The numbers of rooms within a Housekeeping Department are:-
The housekeeping department is responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance and aesthetic upkeep.
The basic concept of housekeeping has started from keeping high standards of cleanliness and Maintenance. Besides this, housekeeping should also contribute to the saving in costs of labour, cleaning material and equipment, furnishings and the like in every type of establishment.