Guidelines for choosing the right stream after 12th
Choosing a right stream is the, toughest and challenging decision one can make. Choosing a right stream can change your life completely helping you to reach success. Universities like Babu Banarasi Das University(BBDU) are best for starting your courses after 12th. They have knowledgeable faculty who quenches the thirst of learning and achieving things in life and provides quality education. They also strive hard to get their students pick up the best jobs in various firms.
There are various streams that can be chosen after 12th and most of them depend on the subjects you choose after 10th class.
- Some might choose to build up their career in science field by taking up courses like engineering (B Tech), B. Sc, pharmacy, dental science, medical science.
The benefit of science background is that, the flexibility of switching to arts or commerce after 12th.
If you are from an arts background, then you can enrol yourself in various creative courses.
If your interest lies in learning various foreign languages, then you can learn them and choose an interpreter job in embassies. You can prepare for civil service examination; you can take up LLB.
There are courses in advertising, mass media, business management, hospitality and hotel management, tourism and much more.
- You have many career options if you are from commerce background. You can take up management courses, chartered accountant course (CA), B. Com, BBA and much more.
Choose the stream depending on your passion:
Before choosing the stream, you should learn about your interests and passion. See if your interest lies in any of the below-mentioned fields and then accordingly choose the course related to that field
- Mechanical: See if you are interested in machinery, equipment, working on circuits, programming, and automobiles. If yes, then take up diploma or engineering courses related to this field.
Various subjects are available for diploma and engineering courses like:
- Computer Science
- Electronics & Communication
- Aerospace etc.
- Health care: learn if your interest lies in proving health care by being a doctor, dentist/nurse, etc., then take up any course mentioned below
- Bachelor of Dental Sciences (BDS)
- Business, marketing, and management: learn if your interest is on commercial aspects of finance, marketing, accounting, etc. If yes, then take up B. Com, bachelor of business administration (BBA)
- Hotel management: if you are interested in this field, then take up Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering related courses
- Social service: see if you want to contribute to the society, work for the development of the country. Then take up
- B.A. (Performing Arts) or
- B.A. (Journalism & Mass Communications)
- Creative things/ media: learn if your interest lies in music, drama, literature, etc.
- Outdoor: learn whether your interest lies in defence, forest department, construction, travel, transportation, etc.
Choose the courses based on your interest in a top most college and have an exciting career ahead.
Hospitality & Hotel Management- A budding career option
Hospitality management is one of the fastest budding careers. Nowadays most of the students are fascinated about hotel management and hospitality. There are many resorts, home stays, hotels and restaurants coming up and there is a huge opportunity for the one who has mastered in this field of hotel management and hospitality. On completion of the course, you can start working on amusement parks, cruise ships, clubs, travel agencies, airlines and event m management companies, etc., as hospitality managers.
Younger generations have a flair for hospitality management, and universities like Babu Banarasi Das (BBD) university helps to fulfil the proficiency for building up their career in the field of the hospitality industry and prepares you to achieve success.
Degree in the subject of hospitality management is also called as hotel management, hotel administration or hotel and tourism management. The graduates in the field of hotel and hospitality management have ample career opportunities.
Few career opportunities are enumerated below:
- Catering manager
- Restaurant manager
- Hotel manager
- Tour manager
- Customer service manager
- Fast food restaurant manager
- Food service manager and much more
- Things you learn in this degree:
- Understanding the working structure and management operation of the industry
- Learn to find out the needs of customers
- Dealing with consumers
- Responding to consumers requirement
- To provide the best service
- Dealing with problems and solving it
- Team work
- Analyzing and preparing documents in spreadsheet and database etc
- Working individually
- Safety and comfort of customers
- Working with team
- Consumer satisfaction
- Leadership quality
- Understanding the basic of accounts
- Coordinating budgets
- Meeting financial goals or targets etc.
On completing the training, you will be able to work with various staffs which include department of culinary, event planner and general administrative operations and much more Following point should be considered while choosing hospitality and hotel management course in any institution:
- The institution should have highly knowledgeable and qualified faculty.
- Library which has books on various topics related to hospitality and hotel management
- Fully equipped kitchen for training purpose
- Exposure to management aspects as well as operational aspects of the various departments in a hotel
- Workshop, seminars and guest lectures
- Bar for cocktail lessons
- Training labs and
- Placement facility
Along with the above points, pay particular care on the below facilities too:
Front office: to understand the concepts of hospitality and operations of hotels.
Training restaurants/ kitchens: to train the students to have experience of working in hotel kitchen and bakery. It includes theoretical and practical knowledge. Practical experience includes: design for layout, customer relationship, greeting guests/ customers, menu, etc
Housekeeping: to learn the concepts of cleanliness and maintenance
Pre requisites and necessary qualification for the course of hospitality and hotel management:
- 10+2 or equivalent
- Few colleges ask for the minimum aggregate of 50 %
- Relaxation regarding eligibility (qualification and reservation) depends on UGC and state government norms.
Learn about the career options after BDS
You must be thinking what to do after you complete your BDS course. This article will guide you regarding various available opportunities for the once who are done with BDS.
Higher education (post-graduation):
To get admission for Master Degree in Dental Surgery (MDS), you have to take up entrance exams like All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Exam (AIPGDEE) or other entrance exams depending on state or university.
There are various courses that you can choose based on the field of your interest:
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- Public Health Dentistry
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Prosthodontics, crown, and bridge
- Oral Pathology and Microbiology
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
You can even take up courses like masters in public health (MPH); this course helps you to get jobs in foreign countries.
- Take up teaching:
After BDS you can start your career as a lecturer. It gives an opportunity to increase your knowledge and prepare for higher studies (PG – MDS/MD/MS).
You can even have the opportunity to be a short service commissioned officer in defence (army, air force and navy).
- Start your clinic:
You can start your dental clinic after you complete your BDS course.
- Government jobs:
Take up civil service exams and get government jobs.
- Take up MBA in hospital management:
You can have a great career opportunity after you are done with this course
- Working in a foreign country:
You can choose to work abroad once you are done with BDS in countries like the Gulf, UK, US, Canada, etc. In these countries, the dental treatment is charged high, and you can earn well.
- Use the internet smartly and have a super cool career and life:
After BDS you can start your career as You Tuber:
You must be wondering what you Tuber is. As we all know, the internet has gained quite a lot of popularity and have gained the attention of a large number of net-savvy people. You can record the treatments you give and upload the same to YouTube and earn a hand full of money.
You can even write blogs:
Write blogs and share articles related to cases you handled, videos related to it, etc. You must be thinking about how does writing blog helps you earn.
The answer is: Google, sponsors, etc. pays for your blog, and that's how you earn.
You can even work as knowledge process outsourcing (KPO). KPO includes interpretation and providing service to patients through internet or calls (voice based).
Always choose best and top most institutions like Babu Banarasi Das (BBD) University for any courses related to dental science. They have experienced and knowledgeable faculties who helps you to become best and famous dental doctor. Top colleges also provide placement opportunities, groom you to land up in your dream job, guides and help you to gain confidence and open your clinic and become a successful dental doctor.
Steps to help you choose the best college which helps in making your biggest dream come trueChoosing a right college is the biggest and challenging decision one can make. Right college can change your life completely helping you to reach success and helps you to come up with flying colours. Universities like Babu Banarasi Das (BBD) University are best for academics and research. They have knowledgeable faculty who quenches the thirst of learning and achieving things in life and provides quality education.
Below are some guidelines to help you choose the right college/ university:
- Identify your passion and then choose the streams accordingly
Decide on which course/subject you would like to take up. Focus on what you are fanatical about and then work on that course details. Research well before choosing any subject because you will build your career based on this decision. So always select the subject that interests you. Do not get carried away by people's expectation or thoughts.
- Location or distance
Decide on the place where you want to perceive your education; you want to stay in your hometown or move to the different city? Decide on it first.
- Shortlist the colleges/universities which offer courses in your subject
Once you are done selecting the subject that interests you, now focus on which institution to go for.
Make a list of colleges/universities you are fascinated about. Research on it; check the website of the institution, read the reviews. Find out about the teaching staff, university ranking, ranking based on the subjects offered. Then choose the best and the top most one for which you are eligible.
- Check the syllabus
Find out about the points covered in the courses; because you will spend your time learning them and it should not disappoint you at the end. Find out about labs and research facilities and guidelines and support offered by the institution. Make sure whether they cover the major topics of the subject you choose.
- Consider the fees charged
Find about the fee structure to know about the cost of your studies. Compare with other colleges and choose the one which best suits you.
- Check if you are entitled to scholarship
Check whether you are eligible for any scholarship based on the examination you have taken (like CAT/ MAT/ IIT-JEE/ AIEEE/ AKTU etc.) or based on the marks you scored in previous class/standard.
Check if the college offers campus selection/ placements/ internship
If you want to pick up a job soon after you complete your course, then look at the placement facility offered by the institution. Find out whether the institution provides placements. Check if they provide placement training. Find out about the companies which offer campus selection in the institution you choose. Find if the college has 100% placement opportunities. Research on the number of students getting placed every year.
- Check if the institution offers international program
See if the college offers the opportunities to participate in international programs.